Recently you may have noticed some characters in game trying to sell ingame gold and other things for real money. Usually they are selling the gold or item at a deeply discounted price. Some think they are gold farmers. In fact, they are not even gold farmers. These are thieves, that have stolen good peoples credit cards and paypal accounts, and used them to purchase Platinum and then convert to ingame gold, and then resell the gold at a discounted price. They are thieves that have broken the laws very seriously, and if unpunished, will really ruin our good gaming community.
We have been working very hard to fight against these thieves. We also need your help to do so. Here is what you can do to help:
1. never buy any thing from these thieves. In fact, you can get into serious trouble buying gold from these people, as your account may be suspended or banned when we investigate the credit card fraud case.
2. You can help us drive these people out of MWO. Kill them, Harass them, report them to GM, etc. You can do all you can to them, and you will be helping our game community a great deal.
3. If you have ever conducted business with them in the past, please inform us their paypal account and provide a record of your dealing with them. We will report this to the FBI and to Paypal, so that an offcial investigation will be underway.
4. Protect your paypal and credit card information. Many of the people lost their paypal account, by opening some fake emails pretending to be from paypal, and entering account id and password at the fake paypal site. So never enter your paypal account and pw at anywhere other than the paypal offcial address.
5. Spread the words around to everyone in MWO.
Let's work together to fight against these thieves, and keep our community a clean and safe place.
Seems as though most of these places go thru XINNET.CN as their web hosting. If you can read Chinese, can also report them to the webhost, since most don't allow spamming. Enough reports and the webhost shuts the sites down. Which means they need to find a new host or make a new site..... eventually the cost of doing that over and over shuts them down.
I've helped shut down a few on another game that kept popping up and the admin contact was always the same person. He finally gave up.